Tuesday, June 9, 2009

No Gestational Diabetes for me!!!

So last Wednesday, the 3rd, I went in for my one hour gluclose test and FAILED!!! They said my sugar was about 175 and they like to see it below 120. So I was sent, the next day, for more testing. This one was a 3 hour long test, I had to fast for 12 hours, got my blood taken at 8:40am, drank a glucola sugar drink, gave more blood at 9:40, 10:40 and then 11:40. Luckily the next day they called with good news, NO GESTATIONAL DIABETES for me! :) They said that my body just takes a little longer to produce the insulin and that my Iron was a little low, they said borderline anemic. They advised to eat more red meat and iron rich green veggies, orange juice, etc. So we are in the clear!!! YIPPPPEEE

I didn't want to imagine the last 3 long months of my pregnancy, in the humid hot Charleston Summer, without ice cream!!! what a nightmare!! Looks like it was a false alarm.

Baby Robert's heart beat was perfect last wednesday and (stomach wise) I am measuring right on time with my due date. Only about 90 days to go, give or take!!

I'll post a new picture later this week. Have a nice week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment